WANTED: Junior Engineer
In Unstad, we envisage a world where most people prefer public transport solutions. We want to be the leading consultancy firm in the public transport sector in the Nordic region in a few years' time, while at the same time being a recognized contributor to inclusive, environmentally friendly and sustainable social development. We strive to achieve this recognition by being creative and structured in our approach to problem-solving, demonstrating high integrity, and by casting a sustained spotlight on our customers' ever-changing business environment and needs. Our customers trust us to be an agile, cost-effective and sustainable partner.
We are looking for an engineer who is professionally committed and can work efficiently and independently. If you have experience from the train industry or want to work with what we call rolling stock, i.e. trains, trams or metro, we will take a closer look at you.
For candidates with only a few years of experience from working life, this is a chance to specialize in an exciting industry working to acquire, operate, maintain and upgrade good public transport solutions and thereby a more sustainable future. Unstad is a good place to develop and grow professionally and at the same time improve our common everyday life. We expect candidates for this position, have a genuine commitment to their profession, and thrive on freedom and responsibility.
We are today working mainly in the following areas within our industry:
Condition Based Maintenance and Maintenance optimization
Typical tasks and responsibilities
• Perform technical investigations and analysis
• Write technical reports
• 3D modeling and production drawings in Inventor, and/or in other applications
• Cooperation and coordination with other disciplines
• In-depth knowledge of relevant applicable standards (i.e. TSIs, railway-specific European norms)
• 2+ years of experience in your field of expertise
• Fluent in at least one Scandinavian language and very good working knowledge of English.
• Conduct methodological needs analysis to understand customer needs.
• Understand complex tasks and allocation of resources in projects and deliver on the tasks
• Takes initiative, assesses challenges analytically and systematically, and works independently and with integrity
• Experience from working with rolling stock.
• Experience with 3D modeling and CAD
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant standards
Perks and benefits
• A strong professional environment, and guidance opportunities from our more experienced staff
• Personal development opportunities in a growing company
• Competitive insurance and pension schemes
• Opportunity to become a member of Unstad Partner Program
• Work with outstanding colleagues and for exciting customers.
• Attractive and centrally located offices in Lodalen in Oslo, and with adapted home office solutions.