WANTED: Industrial designer with an interest in public transport
We are looking for an industrial designer and/or product developer who is professionally engaged and works efficiently and independently. You can be a recent graduate or already worked a few years. If you have a foot in the train industry or want to work with what we call rolling stock, i.e. trains, trams or subways, we will take a closer look at your profile.
For candidates with only a few years of working experience, this is a chance to specialize in an exciting industry that works to acquire, operate, maintain and upgrade good public transport solutions and thereby a more sustainable future. Unstad is a good place to develop and grow professionally and at the same time improve our everyday life. We expect candidates for this position to have a genuine commitment to their profession and enjoy freedom and responsibility.
Unstad wants to stimulate a good working environment characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender or ethnic background. Do you have questions about the position? Please contact!
Typical tasks and areas of responsibility
• Manage industrial design aspects of projects (form and function, usability, fixation and integration)
• 3d modeling and production drawings in SolidWorks, and/or in other applications
• Collaboration and coordination with other subject areas
• Initiate and manage feedback from various customer groups (e.g. associations for the disabled)
• In-depth knowledge of relevant applicable standards (ie TSIs, railway-specific European norms)
• BSc/MSc in industrial design or equivalent.
• Fluent in at least one Scandinavian language and on a professional level in English.
• Understand the customer's needs.
• Understand complex tasks and allocation of resources in projects and deliver on the tasks
• Insight into user-centred design methodologies
• Know principles in design thinking, idea processes and facilitation of these processes
• Strong communication and visualization skills, through sketches, prototyping or 3D modeling and rendering
• Takes initiative, assesses challenges analytically and systematically, and works independently and with integrity (even when no one sees you)
• Experience from working with rolling stock.
• Experience with graphic design,
• Experience with SolidWorks/Inventor
• Experience with design for a sustainable future
• Good knowledge of and understanding of relevant standards
• A strong professional environment, and guidance opportunities from our more experienced employees
• Personal development opportunities in a growing company
• Competitive insurance and pension schemes
• Opportunity to become a member of the Unstad Partner Program
• Work with outstanding colleagues and for exciting customers.
• Attractive and centrally located offices in Lodalen in Oslo, and with adapted home office solutions.